This post is brought to you by The Coca-Cola Company. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own and tips I utilize daily in my crazy life! Thank you for supporting the brands that make CB&BP possible!
I talk a lot about being busy and it’s not to glorify it, I promise you that. But between a full time 40-50 hour job a week, blogging about 30-40 hours a week and everything in between, it’s a lot. Over the past few years that I’ve balanced both my job and my blog, I’ve mastered staying productive and managing to stay healthy (for the most part). That’s not to say sometimes I don’t fall off the wagon from working out for a few days, sit on the couch some nights and just relax and unplug, I do. But, most of the time, I have my busy life down to a science, so today I’ve teamed up with Sam’s Club and Coca-Cola for their “100 Ways To Summer campaign” to share my tips for staying energized and motivated throughout the day to tackle those pesky to-do lists!
It’s especially hard to fall off the health/productivity wagon around summer time, because let’s face it, we’d rather spend time at the pool than running errands. But you know what happens when I let my life get too behind? I feel down, tired and just useless. When I’ve had a productive week or day, it makes me relax 100% more and even take care of myself better because I’m not beating myself up. Anyone else?
With these tips, I don’t always accomplish 100% of my task list, but I definitely knock a few out which means I can rest easier and enjoy those sweet, sweet summer days.
- Sleep: First and foremost, productivity and health in general stems from getting enough if you know you have a big day ahead where you need to get tasks accomplished in order to enjoy the days ahead, go to bed earlier the night before and plan for it!
- Start Your Morning Right: Right side of the bed, or wrong side of the It makes a difference and let’s face it, some days we’ve got it and some days we don’t. On those days “I don’t” I try my best to flip it around. This usually includes getting some endorphins running by working out.
- Eat some Breakfast: Usually during the summer I don’t want anything heavy and if I’ve worked out, I’m in the mindset to eat We love plain Greek yogurt from Sam’s Club (we buy their brand, Marker’s Mark) because it comes in a value pack and is perfect for those busy mornings. I top ours with coconut, sometimes honey and berries. YUM! It’s great in smoothies too!
- Make a List and Make it Realistic and Then Stick to it: This is one of my daily challenges, being realistic about what I can accomplish. Everything takes longer than we expect and by now I should know So recently, I’ve been trying to truly make realistic lists so I feel accomplished and not deflated. I start by making a list of the ABSOLUTELY have to get to items and then maybe at the bottom put a few * items.
- Map Out Your To-Do List: You have your to-do list, now what? Map out the most logical course of action. For example, if you’re cleaning, should you start in the kitchen and then move to the garage? Or start upstairs, etc? If it’s running errands, think about where you have to go and make sure you’re traveling in a logical It doesn’t make sense to go to the pet store and then drive somewhere else only to have to come back to the nail salon next to the pet store later, make sense? If you have a game plan of where you need to go, you won’t waste time.
- Pack a Snack: Is there anything worse than being hangry? I typically have a baggie full of Member’s Mark almonds or another type of nut in my bag so that I don’t steer myself to fast food and then feel guilty later. Plus, if you’re snacking on the go, you can be double productive and you won’t get burned out from simply being hungry. Bonus is that you also don’t end up spending additional money on food.
- Stay hydrated: This is not only a productivity tip, but a life I always have a water bottle on hand and if I forget to fill my reusable up, I grab a Dasani from our fridge. Dasani helps hydrate throughout the day.
- Get Out of Your Own Way: If it’s returns you have to make and you keep getting sidetracked by sale signs, etc. STOP. Stop adding additional stops. Stop sidelining yourself by scrolling through your Instagram Get out of your own way from sabotage and you’ll thank yourself later!
The most important thing is to not beat yourself up if you don’t get to 100% of the items you laid out. Life happens and there is always tomorrow, and more Sam’s Club goodies to get you through!
What tips do you utilize to stay healthy and productive? I’d love to know, who doesn’t need new productivity tips!
Thanks for reading! XX