- Hair – Bow and Arrow Hair (Raleigh): For about the past year, I’ve been visiting Arielle Poll who is hands down the best colorist I’ve ever come into contact with. She is crazy talented and because of that, she books up quick…but I tell you she is worth it. She works in a salon lofts type setup, so I love the atmosphere because it’s just you and her and it helps that’s she adorable and uber cool. She honestly is the first person who has ever listened to what I want and delivered. You can see some of her work on her Instagram @bowandarrowhair
- Waxing – European Wax Center (Cameron Village/Raleigh): I get all of my waxing done here and have had a great experience. Everyone is always professional and kind and they are trained well which means you’re not in pain leaving! J I love Cameron Village’s location because it’s super clean, decorated well and I can shop after of course!
- Blow Out – Parlor Blow Dry Bar (Cameron Village/Raleigh): I posted about this a few times in the fall. I don’t get blow outs often, but they are a nice treat from time to time. This space is truly gorgeous and the ladies really know how to work a round brush (don’t we all!?).
- Nails – Lee Nail Salon (Durham, near Southpoint): Look, I love Lee’s Nails, they have a bar if you want to make a girl’s day out of it (or have an event in their private room) and my gel always lasts way over three weeks if I let it. I also think though, a nail salon is a nail salon. The décor is a little dated, but things are clean and it’s big, so there are always a lot of people working which means short lines! I get gel on my toes and nails and I love sitting in the big pedicure chairs just relaxing! However, if you’re looking for something a little more ritzy for your hair and beauty, I suggest a spa. 🙂
- Massage/Facial – The Retreat (Durham): I’ve had a few massages in Durham and my best ones have been at the Retreat. I also once had the most amazing facial there. Ugh, I’m just wanting one thinking about it now! My favorite gal left, but I’ve had great experiences with many of them, so I think you’re in good hands with whomever.
- Microblading / Makeup– Natasha Abe (Durham): Natasha did my makeup for a fun project we worked on together and is amazing, but I also had my eyebrows microbladed through her. I’m going to do a full post on this eventually, but she’s good y’all. Check out her Instagram @natasha.abe, she’s also so pretty it’s not fair! J but seriously, such a sweetheart!
- Tailor – Lee Tailor in Southpoint Mall (Durham): affordable and reliable. Aaron and I both take things there and have always been pleased with pricing and service.
- Skincare Medical Grade – New Life Aesthetics (Raleigh): Meredith is amazing and knows her stuff! Her space is private and gorgeous and she can definitely help with the “strong” stuff you need to make your skin amazing. She also specialized in filters and Botox if that’s your sort of thing. I use the skin care products I purchased from her daily and love them. if you visit her, give her my name and tell her I sent you!
- Eyelashes – I get asked a lot about mine, but they are all natural, I don’t wear extensions! I swear by this product but you need a script, but also this one works really well too!
If you’re local and have a hot spot you love for your hair and beauty, I’d love to know! And if you’re not local, I hope you come visit one day! The Triangle is such an interesting/fun place made of Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill all of which are unique and interesting/beautiful! Plus, you can come visit me!
Have a great day and thank you for reading as always!