You guys, we’re in the home stretch! Okay, maybe not really, but we’re in the third trimester which to me means the light is at the end of the tunnel for this pregnancy! October is the “month of showers” for us, which many gracious people in our life have so selflessly volunteered to host for our little one. We’ll be driving back to Ohio twice and having one here in Durham and it’s fascinating how many family members back home have been so confused as to why we decided not to find out the sex of our baby before delivery. “But what do you know to buy?” or “How will you cloth him/her?” These are real questions we’ve been asked, so today, I thought it would be great to give you some ideas for gender neutral baby gifts with for the momma who IS NOT finding out the sex of her baby and also share a great new platform for shopping for that momma, Countr! What is Countr you may ask? It’s YOUR personal store (either online or on an app) where you can shop the latest products, looks, and trends socially tailored to your taste in a one-stop shop. It’s basically like Pinterest meets Facebook meets Instagram, but all shoppable. And my personal favorite feature is that it’s all in one space, so you’re not hopping around to four/five different sites looking at items, prices, etc. Countr even tells you if the item is on sale! I think that’s something we can all appreciate! Everything above I located on Countr and saved to my “Baby L” board for shopping. So what do you buy a mom who isn’t finding out the sex of her baby? Well if there is a registry, that makes life a little easier, but maybe it’s a second baby, or no registry. Below are some great items/ideas for gender neutral baby gifts.
- Gender Neutral Clothing: Okay, I know this is a challenge, but it can be done. Don’t shy away from looking in the little boys section (or even little girls). Take the little chambray above. It’s actually baby boys, but I own four chambray and girls wear blue too! If you know the momma-to-be’s style enough, I think you can pick something for her babe that’s gender neutral enough.
- Blankets, Burp Cloths, Swaddles: I have been told you can’t have too many of any of these things, so pick a neutral print (think stars, stripes, animals, etc.). How cute is this little animal set I found on Countr?
- Books: I want our baby’s bookshelf to be stacked with books upon books, so you can’t go wrong.
- Carriers: There are so many great carriers/wraps that weren’t around 5-10 years ago. Moms now are all about multitasking, so gift her something that’s beneficial to both momma and baby.
- Staple Items: If you’re feeling generous and know the new parents need a staple item like a new highchair, bounce seat, etc. These are great pieces to gift and on the more expensive side, so mom and dad will be very much appreciative!
- Toys: I feel like toys don’t really become gender specific for at least a year, so developmental toys for newborns are a pretty easy options when trying to pick for a gender neutral little one.
- Diapers: It may seem like a boring gift, but I think mom and dad appreciate stock piles of these and wipes.
- Storage Containers/Bins: Do you know what the nursery looks like, or even the decor in the house? Storage bins and baskets make a great gift. There is a lot of stuff that comes along with a baby, and as parents, we need places to put it! If you’re feeling creative, you could even fill the bin/basket with necessities like diapers, etc. to make a cute little gift package!
As I said before, all of these items can be found on Countr which is so convenient! Plus, they don’t just have gender neutral baby gifts; home, clothing, men, women, you name it, it’s there! You can also chat and share latest finds/trends with friends which make you feel like you’re at the mall with them, but without the hassle! 🙂 And on the app (which just launched and is easy peasy to use http://bit.ly/CountrApp), you can follow people’s looks and shop them right there! Make sure to find my profile on the app, it’s my new addiction!
I’d love to know what you’ve bought ad gender neutral baby gifts, am I missing anything?
This post is sponsored by Countr, but I love the unique feature of the site/app and how you can shop numerous stores all in one place! Thank you for supporting the brands that bring you CB&BP!