We’re two weeks into Baby Poppy’s arrival and I thought it might be helpful to share some essential baby products that have been our saving grace. Sure, we’re not sleeping much, but we’re enjoying all the newborn snuggles as well as playing with all the new gadgets in our home that we definitely didn’t know about PP (pre-Poppy).
- Dock-a-Tot: We use this on tables while we’re eating, in the bed when we’re lounging (not sleeping), on the couch watching TV, etc. It’s great because it provides a comfy place for baby to lay while we’re relaxing.
- Hatch Sleep: We love this sleek looking nightlight/sound machine combo and I’m actually going to be SUPER sad when Poppy moves into her nursery and Aaron and I don’t have the sound machine anymore! I may need one for our room! Plus, it’s app run, so you can control it from your phone.
- 4moms MamaRoo: I never wanted our house to look like it had gotten “baby-fied” so I love this swing and so does Pops! Plus, it’s controllable from an app on your phone, so you can adjust without needing to be near by.
- Boppy: If you’re brestfeeding or bottle feeding, this saves your arms! Get one and I suggest a few covers too!
- Hats: We’ve put bows on hold due to this cold, so hats are a necessity right now for keeping our girl warm!
- Sleepers: Zipper over buttons for 100%. Have at least 5-6 in each size.
- UppaBaby Jake: We have LOVED our UppaBaby Jake (and our VISTA, more on that later). I feel completely comfortable knowing she’s safe in the car, and once again, the sleek all black seat was appealing to me since I know we can use it for our next sweet babe too!
- Swaddles: Just like sleepers, they get peed/poo’ed on and need changing consistently! I say the more the merrier and yes, baby does love a tight swaddle.
- 4moms Playard: Just like the 4moms MamaRoo, I love the sleek design and muted color combo of this playard with built in bassinet. If you live in a two story house, I highlight suggest setting something like this up downstairs for naps, diaper changes, etc. They also have a travel version if you’re short on space.
- Halo Bassinet: I love the swivel feature of this bassinet, especially after having a C-section. It’s great for keeping Poppy close at night and I love that she feels close while staying safe. I highly recommend the Halo for it’s sound features, swivel and design.
I didn’t put it on the list, but I also suggest lots of storage buckets/bins. We have some scattered throughout the house in changing areas and I fill them with wipes, diapers, swaddles, etc. It’s extra “stuff” around, but it’s been really helpful!
I’m sure as we go on, we’ll have more “ride or dies” to add to this essential baby products list, but for now, these are the items we’re loving. I’d love to know which essential baby products got you through those first weeks, maybe we’re missing something wonderful!
Have a great day friends and thanks for reading always!